Charleston Lightning Fleet 429 had it's year-end awards ceremony today at Taco Boy over lunch. About a dozen people attended.
Fleet Championship trophies were awarded to:
- Lenny Krawcheck
- Patrick Hogan and Nancy Hagood
- Mark Marenakos
The group also talked about things we could do to make 2013 even better. The main idea was that we travel as a block, whenever possible, to about 5 out of town regattas and announce our intentions so that others in the SELD also target those regattas. The top names that I heard were:
- Deep South Regatta in Savannah (and the rest of the Southern Circuit)
- Wilmington's June regatta
- Wilmington's Atlantic Coast Championships
- North American's in Connecticut
- Augusta Halloween regatta
If you want to suggest other venues, everyone is open to suggestions.
Of course, the main in town regattas will be
- James Island
- Carolina — this event conflicts with the ACC's in Wilmington; so we should choose which to attend in 2013
- Wild Oyster
It was great to see everyone. Greg Fisher mentioned that we might be able to have a cookout at the College of Charleston some time.